Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Little More About Our Home

Let me give you a quick tour of our lovely town home.

Our living room:
There is a television but we have never turned it on. We are not really sure what is available to watch. It does make a nice back drop for our "joy" plate and my 17th of the month orchids.

I have to explain about our "joy" plate. Our dear friend, Frank Clapp, wanted to give us something to remind us of him and his wife, Tamera. Tamera was always a happy person, in fact, her motto was "joy". So, Frank decided to create this plate with the help of our daughter-in-law, Rebecca. (She has become good at writing in Thai.) So this says "joy" in Thai with love from our dear Tamera. She reminds us to have joy in every day. Thanks, Frank!

Our dining room and kitchen:

Our friendly little geckos greet me nearly every morning. They are often in the sink at night, too, but they are very shy, so they don't stay around long when I start cooking or cleaning up. We like having them around because they eat mosquitoes.
.

The laundry room with washer and "dryer" outside our back door:
I have a friendly lizard that lives in the laundry room and welcomes me when I go out to work. He is quite thin but about 12 inches long.


These stairs would have killed Ray three years ago before his knee replacement surgery, but they are not a problem now!



Upstairs are the bedroom, bathroom, and our office. 
I have a nice vanity where I do my hair and make up each morning.

Can you believe that we have an empty drawer in this dresser that both of us use? And we share this four-foot closet. Things like this are much simpler when you are a missionary!

Our bathroom is lovely tile and is the only place in the house that has heated water.


This office is where we usually study, practice language, plan our lessons, and is often the place we facetime or make our phone calls home!

So there you have it--our home away from home. We are very comfortable!

1 comment:

  1. Nice digs. Just missing the lounge chairs, pool and massage parlor!

    ReplyDelete