Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Tasty Breakfast?

The missionary couple who lived here before us left us a lot of supplies--flour, sugar, spices, detergent, soap, office supplies, etc., etc. They were really kind. One of the things they left was a box of Cheerios on the shelf. Ah, a taste of home, we thought. So I put the bowls and spoons on the table and prepared to fill them with cereal. Then I got a little whiff of the box. It didn't smell quite like I remembered Cheerios smelling, so I took a little peak into the box and began to laugh. Dead, dried jingjok (gecko) does not taste like chicken. We decided to have French toast instead!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are not tired of Thai Food! The american food here is soooo overrated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about your grand baby. I know this must be very hard to be away. I pray you and her parents will be comforted.

      Delete