Friday, December 19, 2014

Fun in the kitchen

Sister Nee wanted me to teach her how to make jello, so I took all the necessary ingredients to her house. She was really excited to make it for her nephew's birthday.The plastic bag by the bowl has blackberries we found in the frozen food section of the local version of  a Costco/Sam's Club. We enjoy frozen strawberries for our smoothies, too. Very nice touch of home!
I always feel like a giant here!
The jello turned out great, but she told me later that her neighbors ate all of it that night, so she had to go to the store to get more stuff to make for his birthday. It's a different taste for them that they like.
She couldn't have me come and help her without her teaching me something, too. So, she taught me how to make nam dok. Her sister is a great cook, too. Counter space is at a premium and kitchens are small, so they spread mats out on the floor to have a place for food preparation. This is where where we did all the chopping, slicing, and combining. Only the cooking was done up on the stove and counter. Worked great!
Pork, onions, lime juice, fish sauce and peppers. Spicy and delicious! I really like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment