Monday, June 23, 2014

The Tailor

Ray decided to have some suits and pants made--prices were reasonable and he needed some new clothes. We purchased some suit fabric and then went in search of a good tailor. We went to a few shops, but this man showed us some good quality articles of clothing he had produced, gave us a good price, and said he could have them ready fairly quickly. He measured Ray, laid out the fabric and said, "Give me ten minutes and I can do a fitting." That was no exaggeration. It was really interesting watching him work--with just a meter stick and a curved tool, and he created a jacket in no time.
One fitting after this just to refine the fit, and things were perfect.  I had him make some blouses for me, too. It's nice to have things that actually fit. I would love to learn his skill.



No comments:

Post a Comment