Tuesday, April 15, 2014

NongKhai Branch conference

NongKhai is a town about an hour away from Udorn. There are many lovely people there and they were very welcoming. In Sacrament meeting, Ray spoke, and I bore my testimony. (It's about the only thing I can say in Thai!) It's interesting that in just about every meeting wherever we are, the people look to us as experts on everything and expect us to have material at hand to add to the lesson. The district Relief Society president turned to me about half way through her lesson and asked me to teach a section of it--5-10 minutes. It was about the sacrament, so not too hard. Sure, happy to!! Thank heavens for Sister Zaugg (middle front) who could translate for me.


As is the custom here in Thailand, they invited us to join them in enjoying their potluck lunch after the meetings. It's an every week occurrence in each branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment